Events and Membership Sub-Committee
The Events and Membership Sub-Committee is responsible for matters pertaining to membership experience.
The duties of the sub-committee include:
– Creating value and benefits of membership
– Encouraging renewals amongst current and past members
– Promoting value, benefits of membership, activities, events, etc. to members
– Coordinating events that are focused on members and their friends and family
Some programmes by this sub-committee include Mensa Activity Subsidy, Special Interest Groups, SIGHT, monthly gatherings, new member welcome sessions, and special member-focused events. The division also contributes to the content of online communities such as forums and social networking sites.
Communications and Social Media Sub-Committee
The Communications and Social Media Sub-Committee is responsible for communications within Mensa and with external stakeholders. The sub-committee contributes to the content of Menews, our official newsletter, and online communities such as forums and social networking sites.
This sub-committee’s activities include:
– Communication to keep members up-to-date of matters of interest and the latest news in the society
– External PR and branding for Mensa Singapore
Community Outreach Sub-Committee
The Community Outreach Sub-Committees responsible for providing opportunities for members to participate in community outreach events. The sub-committee promotes the spirit of volunteerism and aims to make an impact on the wider community outside of Mensa.
The ICT Sub-Committee is responsible for building, maintaining, managing and securing the ICT infrastructure for communicating both internally (within membership) and externally. It delivers the content which other divisions provide.
ICT’s areas of responsibility include:
– Website: Mensa Singapore, and special projects/events
– Email: broadcasting and services for members
– Online communities: forums, social networking sites, etc
– Electronic services: feedback, payments, registration, etc