Please note that the following rules and good practice directions govern the use of this Mensa Singapore website and related social media:
Mensa Singapore is a diversified group consisting of people from all walks of life. We encourage members to engage meaningfully and positively, and to respect our society and the diversity of the group.
Moderating and good-conduct rules (applicable to statements/comments, images, links and any other content that may appear from time to time):
– Any content that falls under one or more of the following categories may be removed peremptorily and without notice to the contributor at the sole discretion of the moderators/administrators whose decision shall be final:-
• that violates laws and/or regulations or may create the following or similar undesirable or socially unacceptable effects: incitement to racial hatred, racism, calls to violence, xenophobia, revisionism, denial, attacks on privacy or copyright, etc.;
• that is coarse, obscene or pornographic;
• that are defamatory, abusive, aggressive, violent, designed to bully, whether addressed to another contributor or toward an individual or corporate entity or a category of persons designated by their race, gender, religion or any other characteristic, whether specifically identified/identifiable or not;
• any harassment, in particular by comment saturation, by attempted repeated publication of identical or very similar messages/spam;
• any commercial promotion or advertising;
• any apparent or manifest identity theft;
• any statement/visual unrelated to the discussion to which it is submitted, and in particular the article that started the discussion.
– The moderators/administrators reserve the right to apply these rules, and to exclude those who violate them egregiously, repeatedly and/or systematically.
Some recommendations for making your contributions more readable:
• Be brief; do not send messages that are too long:
• Pay attention to the quality of your language;
• Use smiley faces/emoticons to indicate your mood, but use them in moderation. is an example of a smiley face. A smiley face does not excuse everything or sweeten a comment that is otherwise insulting.
• Do not use caps more than necessary. CAPS GIVE THE IMPRESSION YOU ARE SCREAMING and make people not want to reply or reply negatively.
• Avoid using words or expressions like these in your comments: “Hey,” “peekaboo!” “right,” “wrong,” etc. Discussions need to be filled in with constructed comments and considerations.
• Falsification (identity theft) and mystification (multiple aliases) are not acceptable.
• Advertising is not allowed. However, a link or trackback may be acceptable so long as the comment is relevant and is not intended as an excuse for disguised advertising.
• Post a message just one time.
• Check the source of the information you post so as to avoid disinformation and rumours; cite your references.
• Accusations without proof, distortion of facts, lies, disinformation and attempts at extremist or excessively partisan polemics, propaganda (direct or indirect), and any form of proselytising and dogmatism are unacceptable.
• When you reply to another comment, it may be useful to quote enough of the original text to make yourself understood.
• Read the previous messages and do not repeat what has already been said.
– Please be careful about sharing your personal information/adding friends from the website. We want you to ensure your own safety, security and privacy.
– By following these rules and recommendations, you will contribute toward making this website a place for constructive discussion.