Title of talk: Financial Planning – A Practical Approach
Speaker: Mr Tan Kin Lian, ex-CEO of NTUC Income
1. When to start, how to approach financial planning
2. How much to save, how to invest savings
3. How much to spend on a property for a home
4. How to manage investment risks through diversification and averaging
5. How to identify and buy suitable investments
6. Draw down savings during retirement
7. Different types of investment products
8. Investments products to avoid
Mr. Tan Kin Lian started his insurance career in 1966 in a local life
insurance company. He qualified as a Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries in 1975.
He joined NTUC Income in 1977 as the chief executive officer. During a
period of 30 years, he built up the business, assets and sphere of influence. From a base of $28 million, the total assets increased to over $17 billion as the time of his retirement on 1 March 2008. NTUC Income is a leading life and general insurance co-operative in Singapore.
He has written several books on puzzles to train your mind. He is also
the author of “A Practical Guide on Financial Planning”. He is now the President of the Financial Services Consumer Association (FISCA), a non-profit organization formed in Singapore with the aim of educating the public on financial planning and related matters.
Date: 25 June 2011
Venue: NUSS Guildhouse Suntec City
Fee: Free for members, $10 for non-members
Registration is now closed.