In this highly sought-after interactive workshop for new investors, participants will learn how money is created. They will also get to learn how to read monetary policies statements issued by central banks around the world. At the end of this workshop, participants will learn how influencing such money supply affects the economy and stock prices. This workshop will also include a segment on investment market outlook.
Date: 12 May 2012
Time: 3pm – 530 pm (No pre-registration required)
Venue: NUSS Guildhouse Suntec City
Fee: Free for members and one guest. Additional guests will be at $5/person.
1. How money is created and destroyed?
2. An example of how money is created is demonstrated.
3. Why money supply has an influence over the economy?
4. What are the relationships between investment returns and the state of economy?
5. Hands-on session: You are a central bank and is tasked to create money. Using a template worksheet, how will you do it?
6. Examples of monetary policy statements.
7. Economic/investment outlook.
1. Bring along a calculator. A simple calculator that can add, subtract, multiply and divide will do. It is not necessary to have a financial calculator.
2. There is a Q&A session which participants are free to ask the trainer any questions relevant to the subject matter. However, they should not ask questions pertaining to their own personal financial situation because of the non-confidentiality nature of the workshop.
About the speaker:
Wilfred Ling is a CFA charter holder and is a Chartered Financial Consultant®. Moreover, he is an ISO 22222 (SCI) certified person. The ISO 22222 certification means that he has been assessed by independent third party in relation to his financial planning process, ethics, competency, experience and thus adheres to the International Standard for financial planning.
As a fee-based professional financial planning practitioner, he has written many comprehensive financial plans for fee-paying clients. His clients seek his advice on a wide range of financial planning issues such as credit management, insurance, investments, retirement planning, tax planning and estate planning.
Wilfred Ling is the FA Associate Director with PromiseLand Independent Pte Ltd, which is licensed by Monetary Authority of Singapore to provide advice on insurance and collective investment schemes. He leads the Ethos Wealth Planners which is a group of advisers in PromiseLand.
He is also a member of the CFA Institute, CFA Singapore and Association of Financial Advisers (Singapore).
His maintains a personal website: http://www.wilfredling.com
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.